Re: anti-seize on brake lines

Subject: Re: anti-seize on brake lines
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 18:21:00 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
While I agree that contamination of the fluid is a concern, in this case
(rear brake cylinders on a TR3) the threads are not exposed to the
working fluid.  So with care, you can put a little anti-seize on the
threads without getting it into the fluid.

And, I've seen more than a few TR3s where either the line or the bleed
screw (or both) is seized into the rear cylinder.  Something about steel
and aluminum setting up a galvanic corrosion cell ... not to mention
being exposed to salt, water, etc., and being relatively far away from
most leaks.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - with anti-seize on the rear brake cylinder
fittings