Su carbs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Su carbs
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:31:29 -0400
Listers

When trying to tune/sync the carbs.  I am not able to get the front carb to
draw the same amount of air ( much more) as the rear.  My question is, when
centering the butterfly on the throttle shaft  how sealed/closed  does the
butterfly become to the carb body? should you be able to see any light
through it. I can make the idle to drop, if I physically pull up on the
linkage. When I rebuilt these carbs I completely disassembled them, they have
been rebushed so I know they don't leak at the shafts. Could one possibility
be that upon reassembly that the throttle shaft spring may not be tight enough
to pull the butterfly closed?
Any Ideas?

thanks
Ronnie Babbitt