Re: Performance upgrades...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Performance upgrades...
From: Steve Daniels <sdaniels@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:05:33 -0700
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:29:08 -0400, "Freeman, Noah"
<Noah.Freeman@Bain.com> wrote:

>What are peoples expereince with "higher performance" exhuasts?

The performance gains from an exhaust system replacement alone
are negligible.

>The Monza
>seems to be all over the catalogs...do they offer performance advantages?

I don't know about performance, but they do sound nice.  My
exhaust system was installed by children, and the mufflers were a
bit too loud.  If that means I'm too old, then so be it.  I
decided I liked the look of the four tips winking out from under
the bumper, so I got one.

>Are they hard to install?

Not a bit.  Eighty bucks to the muffler shop and it was a done
deal.

>Do they rust through in ten seconds?

It seems like a solid system.  I'm satisfied with mine.