FOOT REST PEDAL

To: ms6453@optonline.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FOOT REST PEDAL
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 21:16:33 -0400
Hi Mitch,
A while back I took a driving course from an Indy 500 driver and this topic
came up. It is actually far safer to have the left footrest, as in
emergency braking situations, when you slam your right foot against the
brake pedal, it pushes the small of your back into the seat, twisting your
body. But if your left foot is against a footrest, it helps push your lower
back from that side, and you can press harder on the brakes.
Well that was hard to describe so I hope it makes sense at that end.
Anyway I have one in the company Taurus and have had several emergency
braking situations (wildlife avoidance) since the course, and noticed
afterward that the footrest had indeed helped.
I would therefore highly recommend one; if it saves you from an accident
even once it will have been worth the effort. It would likely be easy to
make one up out of about 12 or 14 gauge sheet metal. You could attach it to
the floor as well as the left side (assuming you have an LHD car) for strength.
Regards,
Jim Wallace
====================================

From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Hi all,
Has any one installed a clutch foot rest? I'm thinking about trying to
install one for support under hard cornering. I'm tired of hanging on to
the steering wheel & wedging myself to stay put. I know the pedal
spacing is tight & interference may be a problem but this would be a
definite plus for comfort. A long time ago in a land far far away I
bought a 73 240Z new ( after my two tr6's )& it had a left foot rest
pedal, I miss it.
- --
Mitch Seff
75 TR6