re: Wheel Bearings

To: lagrue@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Wheel Bearings
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:44:00 -0700 FILETIME=[6335FAF0:01C0C81E]
Hi Jeremy,

This is pretty common with auto-x inspectors and lbc's. The problem is the
inspector doesn't have any experience with this type of car, and has
probably just inspected a 2001 Honda. I suggest you find an experienced
inspector in your region and speak with them about what you can do, having
your shop manual with you may help. Perhaps you can get them to give you an
"annual" tech for the front suspension, or some kind of letter detailing the
proper way to tech front wheel bearings for your car. Or, you can always let
them disqualify you once and file a protest.

Good Luck,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4