Re: Is this a SEAL??????

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is this a SEAL??????
From: MOWOGMAN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:08:37 EDT
Cc: FOT@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/18/01 5:19:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
greenman62@hotmail.com writes:

> I discovered this weekend that my TR4 needed a front wheel bearing.
> Rather that order the bearing from "THE BIG 3" I went to my local Car Quest
> and, surprise. They actually had a number for the bearings races and seal.
> When I went to pick up my order I found the bearings looked like the right
> items however, the seal wasn't the metal and felt seal I was expecting. It
> was made of "space age plastic".

Greg, doesn't Star imports have any LBC stuff anymore? (or are they a pain
like they always were!?).  To bad Sport Tune isn't still around ( and me
still behind the counter!), we would have had what you needed.

John
Oostburg, WI
'60 BT7
'60 Mini