Re: Is this a SEAL??????

To: N197TR4@cs.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is this a SEAL??????
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 02:45:48 FILETIME=[D74E92B0:01C0C87A]
>From: N197TR4@cs.com
>To: greenman62@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Is this a SEAL??????
>Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:44:45 EDT
>
>So many bearings crossover in applications because of standard engineering
>ID/ODs that it is almost always possible to get bearings and seals...next
>day
>delivery if they dont have them on the shelf...I dont know when the last
>time
>I ordered bearings from TRF, et. al.

   That's what I thought... Heck, the only reason I didn't go over to
   Berry Bearing to get the beast was because it was Saturdy and they
   were closed. At any rate CarQuest supplied "Federal Mogul" bearings
   and races... In a "CarQuest" box, of course.

>I did find one inner axle seal to be (apparently) superior than what
I got locally.

    I presume that's a rear seal...

>If this seal seems to fit correctly to do the job, use it. Grease doesnt
>move around all that much anyway unless you spend a lot of time approaching
>turn five at Road America coming down from 125MPH

     O-O-O-O! grease on the calipers! Well known for its keen laxative
     effect on drivers:)

     Thanks for the input, Joe... I'll meander over to CarQuest tomorrow
     and buy the thing... Just for snicks

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)