Re: Mufflers on TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mufflers on TR6
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:44:09 -0400
Hi,

I have the Monza on my street TR6 - it's too freakin' loud. I actually wear
earplugs when driving the car more than 10 min. at a time.

When I built my race car, I had a custom exhaust fabricated at a local
shop. I am extremely pleased with that setup as it is both solid as a rock
and relatively quiet at any throttle application except full throttle. I
don't have any hard numbers, but it's under 95 dba even at full throttle.

My initial plan for this year was to put a better exhaust in the race car
and then transplant the one in the race car now over to the street car and
then fabricate another one for the race car. But I'm still waiting on a
header to get that job started.

At any rate, for about $300 I got an awesome setup that is built like a
tank and will probably outlast the car and it's fairly quiet. The quietness
is due to both the thick pipes and the "turbo style" muffler. I highly
reccommend it!

If you're in the greater Boston MA (USA) area, look up Lou's Custom Exhaust
(in N Reading and Revere). They do really great work. If not - look in the
phone book under Mufflers and ask around...

Later,
rml