More positive, Prestige follow up

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More positive, Prestige follow up
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:01:02 -0500
On the subject of vendor response, I am very pleased so far with my
interactions with Skinner in the UK. The samples and catalogue arrived
rapidly.

Skinner's fabric samples include 5 pages of swatches with 5-15 colors
depending on materials. Included are vinyl, leather, roof vinyl and
mohair roof materials. All very nice stuff.

The catalogue is very comprehensive and easy to follow.

In contrast, I did get another response from Prestige. The sales drone
posted me a note indicating that he was waiting for parcel dimensions
and weight "from the factory." That was week ago, and I've heard
nothing since.

The Prestige samples did finally arrive. The samples appear to be
fine, with one small problem. They come in a variety of colors, all
black. They didn't send the color swatches, rendering the exercise
rather futile. And, there is no catalogue. Just a glossy 11x14 single
fold. No part numbers or anything. A few pictures of several cars (1
triumph).

Oh well. Perception is reality. I am unimpressed. I know where my
fabric $$ are going.

Andy Litkowiak