Rear Main Seal Leak

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Main Seal Leak
From: "Justin Paxton" <Justin@BEXEL.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:13:21 -0700
Cc: <ebk@buffnet.net>, <randallyoung@earthlink.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f3L6BQR22667
My TR3A engine was recently rebuilt and developed a leak at the rear
main almost immediately.  I had the conversion done to the new style
Moss Rear Main Kit, and the crank was turned down to specification.  I
do not know what went wrong as I did not do the rebuild, and am asking
for guidance to fix the problem as I have full access to this area.
Tonight I pulled the transmission to swap it for one that Quantum
supplied, replacing the rebuilt one that pops out of third.   The engine
has a little over 450 miles on it.
Yeah, I should have the guy who rebuilt the engine fix the leak, but he
is already giving me the bit about not being responsible for an after
market  seal.  He's the same one that put the bolts on the flywheel
without the nut keeper and froze the engine solid until I figured out
what he did.  Actually it was you guys that helped me through that one.
So I come back to the well determined to get it done right myself.  I
hope this is somewhat painless.
Cheers: JP
'59 TR3A TS40984  '76 Spitfire   "Parts All Over the House"