RE: Rear Main Seal Leak

To: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Rear Main Seal Leak
From: "Justin Paxton" <Justin@BEXEL.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 11:08:51 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f3LI6xR01831
I know you said you didn't know how much to small, but is it possible to
make up the difference with the sealing material if the gap is not too
much?  I mean they use felt for crying out loud!  With shellac no less!
I gotta think if its a nano quack too small, ya gotta be able to make it
up with felt and spooge.  Doanchathink?  Comon Randall, work with me
here.  Give me some hope.  I beginning to adopt the "thats not a leak,
tha's my car marking its territory" thing here.  Pulling the engine
would be like removing my gall bladder.  Published spec for the crank
turn down is 64mm.  If its wrong, doesn't Moss or the manufacturer
accept some culpability?  I'm very much against sue happy people, but if
what you're saying is true, we have the potential for a very successful
class action suit here.  Know anybody at Moss I can call?  How about
Clinton?  Think maybe he could get me a pardon here?  Let me repeat for
emphasis:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!