Re: To stir things up a bit ...

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, <CC50506@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To stir things up a bit ...
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 20:43:04 +1200
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
To: <CC50506@aol.com>; <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, 21 April 2001 4:02 PM

> From: CC50506@aol.com <CC50506@aol.com>
>
> >Question on the Stag motor? Why - when it has such a poor history,
haven't
> many Stag owners swapped in the 3.5 or larger Buick/Rover unit?
>
> What makes you think they haven't?  I have heard of many.

As mentioned already, there is a problem with the height of the motor and
the fact that the bonnet (OK hood...) needs to be altered to allow clearance

As well as that, the Buick / Rover motor is lighter being all alloy and
compensation needs to be made to the front suspension.

Quite apart from that, I have heard of many owners reverting back to a Stag
motor after a while. The Rover motor was not averse to problems of its own,
and did not necessarily perform any better. And a well sorted Stag motor has
a beautiful sound all of its own - ask one who knows ... :-)

> Phil Ethier    Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
> 1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4
CT2846L
> LOON, MAC   pethier@isd.net     http://www.mnautox.com/
> Daughter Amanda has presented us with a second grandchild.  Sirena Mae
> Stremski
> arrived on the first day of Spring 2001, weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Congratulations!!!

Regards

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D