RE: Clutch Noise

Subject: RE: Clutch Noise
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:44:40 -0400
Phil,

I have this or something like it on my TR4 (it has a TR4A
diaphragm clutch).  It is noticeable when cold but then seems to
go away or is noticeable after the car has been driven and
everything is warm.

When I did my new OD/GBX install last month I "pinned" the bronze
sleeve that the TOB is press on to.  I was experimenting on the
idea that the bronze sleeve was spinning in the fork fingers.  I
might get the front end finished today and take it for a run...
I'll report if it fixes it.

My other theory is that it is a function of the cold gearbox oil
and all the rotating gearbox shafts.  If I press down on the
clutch pedal in neutral is goes away instantly.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn