Re: TR6 and SU's

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 and SU's
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:00:20 +0100
Hi Patrick
I think the easiest way is to get the manifold and linkages for a UK 2500 TC
saloon car, it is quite a complex linkage for the throttle, this is because
of the distance the pedal moves is not sufficient to get the carbs to go to
full throttle without some kind of magnification of travel. This may not be
the case on the TR6. A friend of mine has recently done this to his TR6,
removing the PI set-up to fit SU's! Well no accounting for taste! No he will
not sell the PI kit he is keeping it with the car so it can be returned to
original!
I can take some digipics of the set-up (I have a carbs and manifold complete
with linkage not installed) as a whole unit and also will scan the pages
from the parts catalogue if you like.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon