Oil Coolers

To: "'lbc61tr4@usa.net'" <lbc61tr4@usa.net>
Subject: Oil Coolers
From: "Brewer, Bill" <bbrewer@LEHIGHCEMENT.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:53:25 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Paul,
     I put the MOSS oil cooler on my TR3 and was very happy with the
results. I have much better oil pressure at idle on hot days. As a matter of
fact, I seem to have better oil pressure all of the time when hot.
     Make sure that you clean up and clean out the pressure bypass in the
filter head when you are in there.
     I would recommend getting the stainless hoses instead of the rubber
ones like I did. There are all kinds of chafe points in my TR.
     Routing the cooler lines was trickier than I thought it would be and I
wish that the hoses were quite a bit longer.
     When I rebuild my second TR, I'll put more effort into cooling the
engine down, instead of the oil. Hotter oil evaporates off condensation and
any coolant in the oil. This one won't get an oil cooler.
     Hopefully, the oil cooler in my present TR will keep an old engine on
the road for a few more years than otherwise.
     Good luck, carry a cell phone and extra oil.

     Bill Brewer
     1960 & 1961 TR-3A's
     Presently working in Vancouver, BC