FW: OD test

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: OD test
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:57:28 -0400
See prior posting that follows:
-----Original Message-----
From:   Power British Performance Parts, Inc.
[mailto:britcars@powerbritish.com]
Sent:   Friday, February 18, 2000 12:26 PM
To:     Triumphs
Subject:        Re: TR6 transmission and OD bench testing

Rob,
If you drive the trans from the output shaft (driveshaft end), you MUST run
the drill counterclockwise.  Damage to the OD will occur if you try to
engage it running the other way.  If you are driving it from the input shaft
(bellhousing end), then you must run the drill clockwise.  You can drive
either end properly provided you go only in the right direction.  Note that
if you use the drill technique, you'll need a pretty powerful 1/2" drill
minimum or you won't get enough speed to build pressure in the OD hydraulic
circuit.  About 1500 RPM under load should do just fine.  1200 might be
enough - I say 'might' - I wouldn't say you have a problem if it won't work
at that speed - switch to a bigger drill before you suspect a problem in the
OD.
Regards,
Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
(610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars