Re: OD wiring Harness

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD wiring Harness
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:26:38 -0700
Ronnie :

It appears that different cars were wired differently, at least the
apparently original wiring in my car does not match the TR3 diagram, but
rather the TR4 diagram.

On TS39781LO, one harness end goes to the dash, where the wire to the
relay connects to the battery side of the ammeter, and the wire to the
control switch connects to the hot side of the starter button.  Another
harness end goes to the relay, where the wire from the ammeter is
connected to C1, and the wire from the control switch is connected to
W1.  The third harness end goes to the control switch, where it doesn't
matter which wire is which.

I believe the wires from the solenoid and lockout switches originally
came through a rubber grommet near the driver's right foot, and ran
under the carpet to the relay.  The wire from the solenoid connects to
C2, the wire from the lockouts connects to W2.

Randall