3 ZSs

Subject: 3 ZSs
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:17:32 -0400
Hello the list:

A year or two ago I saw a guy out west offering a set of manifolds and
linkages etc... to install 3 Zenith Strombergs on a TR6. The rig looked the
same as a Weber arrangement with 3 small cast manifolds. It looked very
nice. Now I have no idea where to look for the setup, but have a few
questions:

1 - Has anybody tried this and is it practical?
2 - Does anybody know where this link has gone to?
3 - Are the ZSs set up to feed only 2 cylinders or do they need the air flow
of 3?

I have an extra set of ZSs, but they are from a different year than my car.
I have a '72 TR6. The extra set I have has some sort of valve and piping in
the manifold. Looks like a later year. My 72 set has no connections except
the master cylinder vacuum line. Are there insurmountable differences
between the years in TR6 carbs?

It was a nice looking setup, but I am uncertain as to what it would give.
Everyone is telling me to try SUs. All are claiming an "night and day"
difference. If the difference is so pronounced, why were SUs not used in the
first place? They were certainly available.

Cheers,

Mark Hooper
72 TR6