RE: A-type O/D Oil?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: A-type O/D Oil?
From: AKATR5@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:52:34 EDT
Ashford,
I have been using Valvoline Racing 20/50w motor oil in my A-type overdrive
after much discussion of the subject with many people including Herman van
den Akker who helped me "restore" my o/d.  Seems that the heavier gear oil
can/does actually "break down" the clutch lining material overtime.  I do all
my own work on my TR250 but I also have the gearbox marked with the caution
to only use the Valvoline Racing 20/50w in it just in case.

TRsRock,
Jan Dawson
1968 TR250 for better or worse for over 16 years now....I recently had a
friend point out to me that Triumphs are more faithful than some people and
all I can say is how true...........
Corona, CA