Re: A-type O/D Oil?

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: A-type O/D Oil?
From: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:31:51 -0700
Cc: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "Triumphs@autox. Team. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
David,

Surely a GL-1 or GL-1/GL-2 wd be better for the Laycock O/D? I
understand from browsing Oil Co web sites that both GL-4 and GL-5 have
enough EP constituents to eventually damage the copper-based alloys.
Most of the oil companies make GL-1 and or GL-1/GL-2 gear oils still,
usually calling them suitable for farm equipment, but this still means
they are of higher quality than the oil available years ago.
Shell and Canadian Tire certainly sell them.