Re: A-type O/D Oil?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A-type O/D Oil?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 22:32:30 +0100
Hi Randall
What do you mean by an early IRON ring O/D? I have just had mine in bits (A
type on 72 PI) and my brake ring is made of iron, at least the little bit
that that chipped off when I tapped it to get it to come apart was iron
unless I'm very much mistaken! In fact I would go so far as to say it was
probably S.G. Iron from the look of it. Is there a difference between the
early and late iron ring or should mine have a steel ring like the J type
O/D has (from memory)?

Graham.