High Idle on TR4A FIXED (check your PCV valve)

To: "INTERNET:slarch@nisource.com" <slarch@nisource.com>
Subject: High Idle on TR4A FIXED (check your PCV valve)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 22:29:31 -0400
Cc: " - *triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:slarch@nisource.com
>I am having a problem with my TR6 like this. After it runs for a while and
gets
hot it will miss. I have been trying to adjust the carbs with no luck.
After
reading this post, I recall using the same oil in my carbs as I do in my
air
tools. This may be my problem. As the oil gets hot it thins too much. What
weight would you recommend putting in the carbs?
<

Scott, I solved this problem in my TR6 by adjusting the spark plug gap to
specs (.025).  If you haven't checked yours lately they might have eroded
to a wider gap causing the problem.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6