High Idle on TR4A FIXED (check your PCV valve)

To: " - *triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: High Idle on TR4A FIXED (check your PCV valve)
From: slarch@nisource.com
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 12:40:06 -0400
I am having a problem with my TR6 like this. After it runs for a while and gets
hot it will miss. I have been trying to adjust the carbs with no luck. After
reading this post, I recall using the same oil in my carbs as I do in my air
tools. This may be my problem. As the oil gets hot it thins too much. What
weight would you recommend putting in the carbs?

Scott Larch
76 TR6 with 72 Engine

"For about 2 years my idle has been too high.  I had checked all aspects of
the SU carbs with no improvement.  Another problem I had was that AFTER the
car got warm and had run for an hour of so it would miss whenever I gave it
throttle in 3rd or 4th gear.  I cured this by going to thicker carb oil.
This got 80% or the problem but I still had a miss at high speed, 70 mph,
when I went to full throttle, especially uphill."