RE:High Idle on TR4A FIXED (check your PCV valve)

To: " - *triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:High Idle on TR4A FIXED (check your PCV valve)
From: slarch@nisource.com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:15:18 -0400
The TR6 miss

Per the posts yesterday I wanted to update everyone on what I found with the
miss under idle. I replaced the plug wires the only electrical thing I hadn,t.
set the point gap closer, advanced the timing to 10 deg advanced. Started out
running really well, BUT after about 5-10 min. it started missing under strain.
Pulled it back in the garage and thought I would try the heavier oil in the
dashpot on the carbs. While I was dumping the oil out I noticed something that
caught my eye, the valve was put in backwards ( I rebuilt the carbs a few weeks
ago)   some how when I put them back together I had the diaphragm turned 180
deg. on the valve. This was keeping it from drawing air through the holes in
the valve. Anyway I put in back together and that was my problem. The 6 is
running strong. Guys I feel pretty stupid. That,s what happens when you get too
excited to get your LBC on the road. Just a caution to you who may get
pressured into getting your car rolling. Take your time or your LBC  will take
your time.

Scott Larch
76 TR6 w/72 engine