Re: cylinder head

To: asalvato@tampabay.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cylinder head
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:51:03 EDT
In a message dated 01-05-01 21:17:59 EDT, asalvato@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< anybody know if there is any downside to using a rebuilt cylinder head
from a
 71 tr6 on a 76; if i am not running the polution system? >>

Sal,

Assuming that the "rebuild" was done well, I'm under the impression that it's
actually a good match because the '71, '72 heads breathe better than the
later heads.

I haven't gotten quite that far yet in my engine rebuild for the TR6 but I
think we're going with a '71 head for the reasons I offered.....better head
with a stronger block.

Chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (complete rolling chassis finished - busy painting various
interior parts, assembling the engine and still doing body prep - check out
my progress by visiting http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (winter covers off - she's on the road again!)