TR3 Handbrake, placque on dash about how to operate

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Handbrake, placque on dash about how to operate
From: "Mike Barron" <mbarron37@home.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 12:41:34 -0500
Let's See......I been lurkin' around for the last few weeks, but the oldtimers
will remember me and the "Weenie", I think!

Anyway, Joe comes up with this great idea about a dash plaque with the things
needed to know in order to drive this car.  Let's See....
.
1.  If you smell oil,  it's OK, unless the oil is running in a river out
from under the car.

2.  If car is moved and there is no oil spot underneath, check oil
immediately.

3..  Same with coolant.

4. Knocks and clatters usually only mean something when accompanied by items
falling from the car.

5.  Small amounts of smoke of any color are permissible, including from the
wiring harness.  Large amounts of smoke may indicate a problem.

6.  The speedometer is approximate, at best.  The balance of the guages might
have problems.  Install tape to block them if they cause too much concern.

7.  Check all fluids before starting vehicle.  Start vehicle, shut off, and
check again.  Pray.  Usually, fluids of any sort dripping on your new shoes is
a bad sign.
Any other suggestions out there?

Mike B