RE: UK TR7 carburetor/engine questions

To: "ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: UK TR7 carburetor/engine questions
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 08:08:14 -0400
Randall,  I think there IS a vacuum port on the DGV carbs on my 7.  It also
appears to be
on the manifold side of the butterfly.  I temporarily hooked it up to the
vacuum retard, did
not feel any advantage to it and sealed the carb back up again.
-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
>From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>

Actual measurement, "mildly warmed" street TR4 with 42 DCOE's : 10%
improvement in fuel mileage by connecting the vacuum advance.

Since Weber's have no advance port, ingenious TR4 owner wired/plumbed an
electric solenoid to apply manifold vacuum to the advance only when the
throttle was off-idle.  Such solenoids are common on US 'smog motors', my
wife's 89 Dodge Caravan has several of them ...

<