RE: UK TR7 carburetor/engine questions

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: UK TR7 carburetor/engine questions
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 15:23:40 -0700
Actual measurement, "mildly warmed" street TR4 with 42 DCOE's : 10%
improvement in fuel mileage by connecting the vacuum advance.

Since Weber's have no advance port, ingenious TR4 owner wired/plumbed an
electric solenoid to apply manifold vacuum to the advance only when the
throttle was off-idle.  Such solenoids are common on US 'smog motors', my
wife's 89 Dodge Caravan has several of them ...

Randall