Re: UK TR7 carburetor/engine questions

To: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: UK TR7 carburetor/engine questions
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 08:35:40 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Message text written by Anthony Rhodes
>Ah, that is the difference.  I will inspect it carefully.  I suspect that
the UK vs USA distrributers
are indeed different as the idle ignition settings are listed differently.
"10 before" for UK,
"2 after" for US.
<

Tony,  The primary reason for the different timing setting is that the US
setting is with the vacuum retard connected.  If you set it per the book
and then remove the retard connection you will find the timing to be very
nearly the  same as the UK spec.

Since the vacuum retard is inactive at all times except idle the action of
the retard module does not effect fuel economy.  The absence of the vacuum
advance, however, could have a minor effect.

Dave Massey