RE: welding re-send

To: <DRSkruffy@aol.com>, <frank@zk3.dec.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: welding re-send
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 00:36:34 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of DRSkruffy@aol.com
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 6:23 PM
To: frank@zk3.dec.com; triumphs@autox.team.net

In a message dated 5/4/01 7:31:54 PM !!!First Boot!!!, frank@zk3.dec.com
writes:

> Yesterday I posted a question asking whether it's true that (as
> I've heard) at least some home-user type MIG welding machines
> have adapter kits available for spot welding.

Yes, I know that mine has a nozzle for spot welding. I'm not sure that it is
what is traditionally known as spot-welding, it's more of a small plug weld.
What is it you are trying to accomplish?

I think a traditional "spot" weld is actually a resistance weld between two
(usually) sheets of metal without any filler material.  As I understand the
spot welding attachment for home MIG's it is more what used to be called
stitch welds.  Intermittent beads.  Correct me if I'm wrong (as I often am
:))

Kg