Re: Electrical question...

Subject: Re: Electrical question...
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 23:54:14 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Phil :

Should work just fine, in fact that's just what my father did to have
music and television in his positive ground Mack truck.  Two things to
watch out for :

1) The inverter may have the negative internally connected to it's
case.  If so, you have to be careful not to let the inverter's case
touch the car (which would create a short).

2) Some 110v tape players use synchronous motors, which means your tape
will run the wrong speed off of the inverter.

BTW, it's very easy to convert a TR 2/3 to negative ground.  You might
start by checking that your car hasn't already been converted (either
deliberately or accidentally).  But, they were originally positive
ground.

Randall