TR6 started running poorly

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 started running poorly
From: "Kyle K. Rice" <kkrice1@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 11:35:16 -0700 FILETIME=[90D7A640:01C0D591]
Listers,

I had the 74 TR6 in a parade today and something strange started happening.
At the end of the parade, I started driving down the road and when I let off
the gas, the engine stoped running when it reached 1000 RPM, it started
running again.  The Tach continued to show the correct RPM but no engine
braking telling me there was no ignition.  It backfired once, I turned it
off and let it sit for a while.  Started it back up and it idled fine but
again, it runs fine when pressing on the gas but once you let up on the gas,
no ignition until it gets to 1000 RPM.  Does this sound like an ignition
problem or a fuel problem.  I have a Crane ignition and everything is new in
the car.  It revs up fine with no cut out or problems.  The car was not too
hot and my electric fan did not come on until I shut the car down and the
engine started to heat up due to heat soak.

Any ideas????

Kyle.