speedometers etc.

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: speedometers etc.
From: "Bob Rochlin" <rochlin@massed.net>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 19:03:11 -0400
Hay List,
     I hope everyone is enjoying the improving weather.  Got to drive the car
for almost two weeks before something broke.
    By process of elimination, and with the help of Tony Rhodes excellent
speedometer manual I figured out that my speedometer pinion at the
transmission must be the cause of intermittent speedo operation.
    According to Bentley the unit is supposed to come out with the loosing of
one bolt, but my transmission hasn't read the Manuel and refuses to give up
the pinion gear.
    Has any one tried to get the pinion gear out?  Any success?
    Thanks for your indulgence.
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6