Inter marque waving

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Inter marque waving
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 22:10:06 +0100
Graham Stretch wrote:
the only drivers that will respond are other Triumph drivers, and
often the drivers of Stags and TR's
won't wave either..

Mmm, I'd noticed that too, especially from the 'antler' fraternity. It
probably goes back to the days when the Stag first appeared,
attracting a bunch of hooray Henry's in the process who looked down on
any other Triumph because it was cheaper and couldn't afford a Jaguar.
Of course - and fortunately - there are many exceptions to this rule
among current 'antler' owners who I like to count as friends. However,
only two weeks ago when I was out trundling, an antler appeared in the
opposite direction trailing steam from a fractured head gasket (flame
flame flame) and I gave a friendly flash followed by a wave. All I got
for my trouble was a 'V' sign - so I completed my journey hoping the
blighter busted the other head gasket as well <smile> As he passed, I
detected an exhaust note more akin to a Ford V6 ...

Jonmac

IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
THE CROCUS AND A CORNFLOWER http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus