RE: fuel pump pressure

To: "'Jay Snavely'" <jays@paonline.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fuel pump pressure
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 19:25:53 -0400 com> et.com>
There is no pressure regulator per se.  The carb's floats open and close the
needle valves to keep the float chamber full. The pump only develops 2-3
psi. Pressure is not critical as long as flow is sufficient keep it from
running out. PI uses a pressure regulator so that fuel delivered is only a
simple funtion of time instead of complex funtion of time and pressure.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK