fuel pump pressure

To: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: fuel pump pressure
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 22:04:31 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Jay Snavely"
>I was wondering what controls the fuel pressure on a TR6 with carbs.
Looking at the fuel system, I do not see any pressure control device.  Do
the flow valves in the fuel pump control/limit the pressure?
<

Jay,  The pump itself regulates the pressure.  The way the pump works is it
has a spring loaded diaphram and the cam operated lever will pull the
diaphram against the spring.  Spring pressure on the diaphram does the
actual pumping and spring pressure will limit the pressure.

simplicity is beauty in action.

Dave