TR3 & TR4A parts needed & TR3 assembly questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 & TR4A parts needed & TR3 assembly questions
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 18:11:10 -0500
Listers, I'm starting work on several different projects and find I am in need
of some parts and also need some info on reassembly.

Parts needed,

I need a pair of complete rear shackles for a TR3 or early TR4.  I need both
sides.

I also need a pair of the aluminum spacer blcoks that were used on the
TR4A solid (live) axle 4As between the axle and the leaf spring.  These
blocks are 4 or 5 inches tall if I remember correctly.

If anyone has these parts and is interested in selling let me know!

Ok, now the assembly questions,

On a TR3 when fitting the body shims between the tub and the frame, is the
car supposed to be sitting on its wheels or is it ok to do the fitting work
while the car is sitting on jack stands?

When pulling the engine, is it necessary to remove the front apron if the
transmission is out of the car?  It looks like a tight fit if I do try and I'd
rather hear from some BTDT responses.

TIA

Brad  (Hensley Arkansas 501-261-7228)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 2/12/2001)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1968 TR250 - CD 8096 (Susans project)
1967 TR4A - aka Freddie (I'm co-owner)
1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- Now camber compensated!
1962 TR4 CT288L -- lots & lots of teeny pieces
1962 TR3B TCF1564L (on its way west!)
1956 Devin (TR3 based)
1957 TR3 Race Car (shooting for June 2001)
1953 Mayflower TT29490LDL
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108