Re: TR4 - time to go?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 - time to go?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 00:04:18 +0100
Hi,
That would leave you with the Vittesse if you want a reasonably fast 4 seat
convertible, or the Herald (preferably 1360 IMO) with much more pedestrian
performance.
There are of course the Triumph sports saloons, like the :-
Dolomite Sprint, 16 valves before it was fashionable! 0-60 in sub 9.5
seconds, (add 2nd overdrive for sub 8 seconds!)
Triumph 2.5PI, Fuel Injection before it was fashionable! 0-50 in 7.1
seconds, 80-100 in 10.5 seconds in top gear.
Figures from official adds with the exception of the bracketed bit!
And with a baby the carrying capacity of these Saloons has to be a plus,
also 4 doors against the Herald / Vittesse 2 doors, another bonus!
Of course I could be slightly biased in my opinion! ;-o

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon
1974 Sprinted Dolomite 1850
1975 Toledo in restoration!

http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk
http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk Spares Supplier.

Ps My opinion, KEEP IT, enjoy it on your own if you have to, like when
mother and baby are doing other things!