Re: Quiller Spitfires

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Quiller Spitfires
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 00:20:50 +0100
Hi Will
The MKIV has at least one good advantage over the 1500, it isn't a 1500,
this means it has the bullet proof 1300 engine. I would not have the long
stroke 4 cyl for love nor money. The 1300 is a much more revy engine and
despite the "no substitute for cubes " rationale the 1300 can be made to
really go, possibly not quite as well as a 1500 but if you drive them both
the same the 1500 will quit first!
No knowledge about Quiller personally except they were very polite when they
asked for a link exchange, friends who have used them were happy, though
they bought spares not cars!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon