Re: gauge cleaning

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gauge cleaning
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 23:47:05 +0100
Hi John
Don't put high pressure air in the back of the gauges, you will almost
certainly damage them, the big gauges have hair springs in to return the
needle to rest and the small ones are made with bits of bent metal hooked
together with a needle slotted in there somewhere. What I'm trying to say is
they are fragile!
Don't start by bending the tabs, take a firm grip of the bezel and the body
and rotate the two bits until the tabs line up with the slots in the case,
if this doesn't work then resort to bending the tabs. be careful not to
disturb the position of the needles in the gauges or your approximate gauges
will become nothing more than random!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon