Restarting GT6 part 3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Restarting GT6 part 3
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 00:50:27 -0400
    OK!  We've got ignition!!!

        I managed to get spark today in the 72 GT6.  New Bosch coil, didn't
quite fit so I did the best I could and went with that.  Onlookers thought it
was a funny twist of fate:  German parts, in a british car, installed with a
typical half-assed Murican "Close enough" attitude.  Aaah, what do you do?
New points and condensers from the local Monkey boy parts store, and a
battery.  Installed all of above and gas, then tried hand priming and turn
over.
          ALMOST!  I think it was flooded from all the priming, but now I need
some more advice.
        Should I tear apart the carbs and if so, how?  What is that piston in
the middle of the carb for, and should it move when the car is trying to
start?  Maybe there's a book on Stromberg carbs that I should look up.
Anybody know anything about the carbs, or where I could find info on tuning
and running these?
        I'm learning on a monkeylad see, monkeylad fix basis so things are
going slow.

        The next system to work on is the hydraulics.  I put brake fluid DOT3
in the brake reservoir, and the clutch reservoir.  Neither one seemed to take
to the stuff.  Do I have to Bleed these to make them work or is there a
possability that the Master Cylinders are FUBAR.  Any info on these systems?

                                            Thanks in advance     Pete

---