Re: Restarting GT6 part 3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Restarting GT6 part 3
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:13:22 -0400
> Message text written by "Rave Racer"
> >          ALMOST!  I think it was flooded from all the priming, but now I
> need
> some more advice.
> <
>
> How long has this car been setting?  It is possible that the float valves
> are varnished open and the fuel from the pump will just keep coming and
> flood out the carbs.  Buy kits and follow the instructions contained
> therein.

        Well, I took the easy road and it worked.  I bought a can of ether.
Start procedures are as follows:
        1.  Lift piston in carb and add a Double shot of ether.
        2. Lift piston in second carb and add a double shot of ether.
        3.  RUN to drivers seat and pull on choke.
        4.  Crank with full throttle.
        5.  upon start reduce throttle to 2000 rpm (leave choke on).

    What does this really mean?  I'm no genius but I'm guessing this aint
great for the motor.  I'd also wager a bet that I can reduce the amount of
choking, ether spraying, full throttle time needed to start this beast by
adjusting something.  If anyone knows anything about these carbs, fact or
not, I'm interested in knowing whatever anyone can think of whether it's
right or wrong.  I'm sooooo close!
                                                    Pete.

---