Long Shot

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Long Shot
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 09:44:28 +0100
Hi,
Here's one, I have been busy with the reconstruction of my internal
bonnet (hood) release system on my long door TR2. With much help from
listers, particularly Lou Metelko I have a working system, however,
the plungers and springs on the underside of the bonnet are from
TR4's (at least it's a Triumph), these are the correct length but
thinner than the original. The bonnet closes but is probably not as
well secured as it should be. Is there anyone out there who might
have or know of the where abouts of these early plungers and springs