THANKS - SU CARB DOCTORS

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: THANKS - SU CARB DOCTORS
From: jgoulet@finning.ca
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:11:55 -0700
                Thanks to all who responded.
                I have carried out all of the tests suggested, though I have
no Grose Jets to experiment with.
                The float assemblies are clean and seem to be functioning
well, except that I am not sure if the fork arm distance is measured with
the needle spring relaxed or compressed?
                I found several potential air leaks that I corrected.
                There has been only a marginal improvement in performance,
but I think that the real culprit is the sloppiness in the throttle shafts.
                They seem to have gotten much worse lately, so I will get
them repaired.
                BTW, what spark plugs are popular for TR3 these days?

                Jerry Goulet
                1960 TR3A TS71864LO