Re: Quality of NEW TR6 Crankshafts???

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Quality of NEW TR6 Crankshafts???
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:05:27 -0500
Cc: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
I bought a new crankshaft from The Roadster Factory a couple of years ago
for about $200. The quality was good. I took it to my machinist to for
balancing and he said it was pretty well balanced to begin with and did not
require much work. He also said it was cheaper for me buy the new one at
that price than it would have cost to have him to recondition the old one.
I've got maybe 10 thousand miles on the it so far.

You can spend a lot of money ($1400?) on a 'billet' crankshaft but unless
you're a _serious_ racer it's probably not worth it.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com