Concourse Prep

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f4CKpAw23039
Subject: Concourse Prep
From: "Justin Paxton" <Justin@BEXEL.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 13:53:17 -0700
I am thinking about entering my '59 TR3A in the upcoming Councourse
event in Huntington Beach June 3rd.  Anybody have any advice on what I
need to do.
I am sure the list is endless, but I haven't purchased side curtains as
the ones I have are hammered.  What happens if you don't have those?
Any advice on who sells the best ones?  What about the little tool kit
that goes in the spare tire compartment.  All I have is the crank.  How
about the spin on oil filter conversion?
In some places I have replaced the original bolts with new ones as they
were either stripped or not ready for prime time.  I used #8 as "that's
what I buy".  I hear this is a no-no.  I used some philips head screws
in some "under dash" locations for overall "screwability" in tight
places.  Does all this end up with a judge shaking his head and handing
you the 'better luck next time award"?  The car is extremely clean and I
may qualify for "most likely to eat off the engine", or "too bad you
can't see the time he spent on the suspension behind the wheel honorable
mention".
Cheers: JP
59 TR3A TS40984  76 Spitfire  "Parts All Over the House"