Re: Restarting GT6 part 4

To: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restarting GT6 part 4
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 08:44:52 -0400
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
>         I did manage to get the clutch MC and installed and bled today.
> Unfortunately upon testing the clutch still didn't dissengage from the
> flywheel.  There was pressure but not a whole lot.  My first question for
this
> step:  Is this because the slave is shot (Out of money and hoping not the
> problem), or is it as somebody said that the Pressure plate can sometimes
> seize onto the contact patch of the others (hoping it is and just needs to
be
> broken loose).  What do I need to do, and how much is it gonna cost me?
Is
> there another possable problem?

The slave may be shot but these can be rebuilt for almost nothing (rebuilt
kit are about $15CDN) and you can easily do it yourself.  But before doing
all that, since ISTR that you said that the car had been sitting for many
years, the clutch may just be stuck to the flywheel.

When I did rebuilt all the clutch hydraulics, I ended up with the same
problem, couldn't dissengage (car had been sitting for 10 years).  Here's
what you can do:

1) Make sure there is enough space in front of the car (20-30 feet to be
safe)
2) put the transmission in fourth gear
3) press the clutch pedal
4) press the brake pedal
5) turn the key to start the car

In my case, it worked like a charm.  Clutch got unstuck right away and I
found out that my rebuilt was done properly!

Good Luck!
Steph
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
'69 Spit - Daisy (Currently on 4 blocks for bbrake hydraulics rebuilt,
hopefully completed today!)
'71 TR6 - Froggy (Parts all over the garage!)

Gootd luck