RE: First Road Trip: 95% successful && top questions

To: "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@islandnet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First Road Trip: 95% successful && top questions
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 09:40:23 -0400
Malcolm,

Good to have you back on the list.

1) Glossy paint, satin or matte?  I know it's supposed to be a
"biscuit"
color.  (Fred: yes, I will have them powder coated, someday)

I used a cream gloss.  Let it dry for a long time or you will
mess it up with all the rough handling you must give it during
installation

2) Webbing: anchored by metal plates.  Is there anything on top
of the
metal plate?  I'm leaning toward the "yes" side, so that the
screw heads
don't wear holes in the top.  What should I put there?  Vinyl?
Velcro
fuzzy?  Short bits of spare webbing?
3) Forward bar: Is there a pad along the front bar?  The part of
the top
that snaps around the forward bar is really loose.

In order to stop the top from making a loud fuzzy sound as it
vibrates and whips the front bow...  you should buy a tan Velcro
kit at the hardware store and use the fuzzy side and lay it down
across the whole front bar.  After you have the top up and can
test at speed you may find other places where the fuzzy Velcro
strip will be needed.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site