Re: TR6 Suspension Question...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Suspension Question...
From: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 13:58:25 -0400
Subject: TR6 Suspension Question...

> Im in the process of rebuilding my front suspension. I decided to do one
side
> at a time just in case i forgot how it went back together...better safe
than
> sorry. I started on the front left side(drivers side) and disassembled the
> entire assembly, cleaned and painted everything and installed new
bushings.
> The problem is that i seem to have an extra spacer. This spacer is about
1/3
> the size(3/8" long) of the two spacers that connect the steering arm to
the
> vertical link and is of the same diameter as the two spacers. Thinking i
must
> have missed something i then disassembled the right side to see if i could
> find its location on that side. The right side only has the two spacers.
My
> question is WHERE does this shorter spacer go? Is the front suspension
> different from the left side compared to the right side? Any help is
greatly
> appreciated. Thanks
>
> Gordie Swart
> 76 TR6

Gordie,

Is the spacer the packing piece between the lower side of the wishbone and
the anti-roll bar mounting bracket?.

If you have a TRF TR6 spare parts catalogue, Volume I, see part DF9, page
225.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (assembling after new paint)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)