compression test

To: "'Ct54531@aol.com'" <Ct54531@aol.com>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: compression test
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:01:31 -0600
>On several occasions, I've felt compelled to apologize for asking a
question
>that's been discussed before but usually at least some respectable time had

>passed between the prior discussion and my question. This time, it's maybe
>week.
>Anyway, compression testing -- other plugs in or out?
>Thanks

If you are doing a compression test (not a leak down test), I believe the
correct way is to remove all the plugs so the engine turns at a fast and
steady rpm.  Easier on the battery too, and you dont risk fouling the engine
with raw gas since air will be pulled mostly from the open spark plug holes
on the intake stroke, and not the carb.

John Lumia - 76 TR6 reveneering the dash (why am I doing this now???)
Louisville, CO